- Planning Department
- Housing Resources
The following housing resources are available within the City of Orinda:
- Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN)
- BayREN - Offers rebates, funding and technical assistance to help residents, property owners, business owners and local governments improve the resource-efficiency and carbon footprint of their buildings.
- Contra Costa County
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program - Financial assistance to "first time homebuyers" for the purchase of new or existing single-family home.
- Neighborhood Preservation Program - Financial assistance to low-income homeowners for home rehabilitation projects.
- Weatherization - A Federal and State-funded program whose purpose is to assist low and/or fixed income people in making their homes more energy-efficient.
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
- Customer Assistance Program - A program to help pay a portion of the water bill for qualified low-income residential customers and eligible homeless shelters.
- Free Conservation Items - Save water with free water-conserving items such as faucets, aerators, showerheads, and hose nozzles.
- Water Conservation Rebates - Rebates designed to help save water and money.
- Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
- Energy Savings Assistance Program - Provides qualified customers with home improvements at no cost to help keep your home more energy efficient, safe and comfortable.
- CARE/FERA Program -
- The California Alternate Rates for Energy Program (CARE) program offers a monthly discount on PG&E bills for qualifying households.
- The Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) program offers a monthly discount on electric bills for households of three of more people
with a slightly higher income than required for CARE.
- State of California
- Energy Upgrade California - A statewide initiative to help Californians take action to use energy better and leverage our natural resources, help reduce demand on the electricity grid and make informed energy management choices at home and at work.
- Low-Income Weatherization Program - Provides low-income households with solar photovoltaic (PV) systems and energy efficiency upgrades at no cost to residents.