Orinda Measure R
To help maintain and enhance essential City services, including wildfire risk reduction throughout Orinda, preparation for emergencies and disasters, repair of public storm drains, continued public street maintenance, and other city services. The voters of Orinda increased its existing one-half cent sales tax to one cent, which could generate approximately $2.4 million annually for a period of twenty years, with financial audits, public review of all expenditures, and a citizens’ oversight commission (SSTOC).
The Moraga-Orinda Fire Protection District (MOFD) was formed in 1997 as an integrated independent special district. MOFD was formed through the consolidation of the Moraga Fire Protection District and the Orinda Fire Protection District to provide more efficient fire protection and emergency medical services to the communities of Moraga and Orinda and the surrounding unincorporated areas, including the communities of Canyon and Bollinger Canyon.
Fire Code Ordinance No. 23-03 Defensible Space
Wildfire Action Plan (CWPP)
OFC was founded in February 2020 in response to the “new normal” of a year-round wildfire season resulting from climate change and decades of un-mitigated fuel buildup. Driven by the enthusiastic support of neighbors, elected leaders, and our visionary Fire Chief, we have quickly grown in size and influence.
Chipper Day Events
When emergencies happen, Lamorinda CERT members can give critical support to first responders, provide immediate assistance to victims, and organize spontaneous volunteers at a disaster site. CERT members can also help with non-emergency projects that help improve the safety of their communities.
Preventing wildfires in the State Responsibility Area (SRA) is a vital part of CAL FIRE's mission. The Department's Fire Prevention Program consists of multiple activities including wildland pre-fire engineering, vegetation management, fire planning, education and law enforcement.
- Chipping Services
- Fire Fuels Reduction Incentive Application
- Zonehaven: Know Your Zone
- MOFD Abatement Requirements
- Orinda Red Flag Days/no parking
- Orinda Tree Ordinance
- Disallowed Plant List
- California Native Plants - Orinda
- Gardening Guidelines
- Lamorinda Resident's Guide to Wildfire Preparedness & Evacuation
- MOFD Wildfire Safety Assessment Request Form
- MOFD Home Hardening Grant Program
- Contra Costa County Measure X Grant Program
- Diablo Fire Safe Council Grant Program
- Dept of Ins - Fire Insurance Briefing
- Dept of Ins - Do more, Save more
- Dept of Ins - Safer from Wildfires
- Dept of Ins Discounts
- Residential Insurance Tips
- Annual Hazard Compliance Flyer
- Remove French Broom
- Caldor Fire Recap
- Past Wildfire Lessons
- Wildfire Vegetation Requirements
- Home Landscaping for Wildfire
- Hardening Your Home
- Master Gardening Video
- Fire Resistant Demonstration - Oakland Hills