The Orinda Community Center Park features a small Gazebo that can accommodate up to 30 people, with 4 picnics tables, and two small camp-style, charcoal grills on site. Access to both playgrounds is feasible although we do recommend a parent and/or guardian stay with the child(ren).
Picnic Permit / Reservation Process
- Fill-out and submit a completed Private Picnic Rental Application via email to Rentals@CityofOrinda.org.
- Once the permit has been accepted and processed by City Staff, a permit will be emailed to you. Please initial, sign and return the permit to Rentals@CityofOrinda.org within 7 days. If a signed permit and payment has not been submitted within 7 days, your "tentative" date and time will be released.
- Complete payment:
- Check Payment: please make the check to City of Orinda. The check must be received and processed before the reserved date.
- Credit Card Payment: If you wish to pay by credit card, please indicate so on your application. Once we have received and processed your application, you will receive an email to process payment online. If needed, the office can assist over the phone by walking you through the process online.
Policies and Procedures
- Refunds are not provided.
- Reservations are confirmed after an application has been submitted, fees are paid, and you have received a reservation confirmation (transaction receipt and permit that reflects payment).
- No plastic tarps, tents or stakes on/in any grass area. Inflatable structures, jump houses, ponies or dunk tanks are not allowed. No BBQs (other than what are provided in the park) are allowed without prior approval by the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Please make sure you have read the entire PARKS & FACILITIES RENTAL GUIDE before making submitting this application.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
To learn about current health and safety guidelines visit https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/.