- Residents & Visitors
- COVID-19 Response
- Other Community Services and Resources
Other Community Services and Resources
East Bay Municipal Utility District: EBMUD wants to assure the Orinda community that the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has not affected EBMUD’s drinking water supply, and all EBMUD tap water remains safe. Remember: hand washing is an important part of the strategy to combat this pandemic. EBMUD water treatment plants are designed to eliminate pathogens including viruses and bacteria. For more information about coronavirus and drinking water, see USEPA’s latest information at https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-drinking-water-and-wastewater.
For more information please visit: https://www.ebmud.com/water/about-your-water/water-quality/coronavirus/
Orinda Library: Library operations and the 800 number will cease until further notice. The Library will be unable to respond to emails, phone calls or other communications regarding services until the order is lifted. Please check the homepage of the Library website, https://ccclib.org/, for any changes to services. All library programs and events as well as community use of meeting rooms are canceled until further notice.
Book drops will remain open, but as materials can carry viruses for several days, patrons are encouraged to keep items until the libraries reopen. The Library will automatically extend due dates on all materials. All overdue fines were eliminated in 2019 and no other negative consequences will result from late items during this closure.
Updated 3/25/20: Contra Costa Library Services is relaunching the live-librarian chat reference service. This service, which began March 24, will allow Library Staff to provide people with reference services, assistance with library electronic resources, and answer account questions, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. via an online customer service "chat". Visit https://ccclib.org/ for more information.
Orinda Union School District: the district continues to monitor information from the State of California. For the most up-to-date information from the school district visit orindaschools.org/covid19.
Republic Services: While they are working hard to ensure the highest quality customer service and minimal service disruption due to COVID-19 pandemic, Republic Services is suspending the collection of non-containerized waste, including bulky item collection. This service, which was suspended on March 30, 2020, was postponed in order to focus on the health and safety of their drivers and employees in response to requirements of the County Health Shelter In-Home Order. Along with this service, Republic Services have implemented the following measures in their operations:
- Closely monitoring CDC, FEMA, and local, state, and federal guidelines and policies.
- Equipping our employees with all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Staggering route start times, where possible, to limit the number of employees gathering at one time.
- Use of latex gloves by employees in high traffic/contact areas (dispatch, scale house and maintenance technicians).
- Limiting contact of recycling coordinator staff and sales personnel to phone vs. in person.
- Support the use of standard social distance practices with our employees.
- Increased janitorial services in high traffic areas and, if the situation warrants, us of outside service to clean high traffic areas and vehicle cabs.
Republic Services intends to resume aforementioned suspended services when COVID-19 conditions improve and State and County policies and orders are lifted. For more information visit https://www.republicservices.com/coronavirus.
LINKS-- FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL UPDATES
- Contra Costa Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates: https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/#Local
- CDC Website - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Sign Up for CDC Email Updates: https://tools.cdc.gov/campaignproxyservice/subscriptions.aspx?topic_id=USCDC_2067
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- California Department of Health Guidance on Mass Gatherings: https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/03/11/california-public-health-experts-mass-gatherings-should-be-postponed-or-canceled-statewide-to-slow-the-spread-of-covid-19/
LINKS--CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
- What You Need to Know: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
- What to Do If You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
- Stop the Spread of Germs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/infographic-cdc-protects-508.pdf