Orinda Grove is an approved 73-lot subdivision submitted by Pulte Homes, Inc. The development included the 11-acre Pine Grove site and the adjacent 3.1-acre City-owned ball fields.
The Orinda Grove project includes eight, Below Market Rate (BMR) units sold to moderate-income households. The BMR program is administered by the City of Walnut Creek. See the City of Walnut Creek's website for more information: https://www.walnut-creek.org/departments/community-and-economic-development/housing-programs
Project Status - Approved & Completed
On May 17, 2005, the City received a formal application from Pulte Homes, Inc. for the development. The development proposal contained 80 homes (later revised to 73 homes), relocation of the City-owned ball fields to the area near the northwesterly corner of the project site, and construction of an approximately 6,000 square foot Orinda Union School District (OUSD) office building to replace the District offices on the site.
On July 22, 2008 the Planning Commission certified the Final Environmental Impact Report for the project and approved the vesting tentative map, design review, tree removal, sign, and exception applications and recommended that the City Council approve the General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map amendments and planned development plan application for the Project.
On August 19, 2008 the City Council approved the General Plan Land Use Map and Zoning Map amendments and a Planned Development Plan application for the development project.
Construction has been completed for this subdivision.
Planning Commission Staff Reports
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 1, Exhibits A and B - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 2, Exhibits C and D - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 3, Exhibits E and F - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 4, Exhibits G-K - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 5, Exhibits L-N - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 6, Exhibits O-Q - July 22, 2008 (PDF)