Historic Landmark Committee
3:00pm - 2nd Wednesday Quarterly (March, June, September, December)
2023 Meeting Dates and Location
- March 15, 2023 - Orinda Community Center Room 7 (28 Orinda Way)
- June 14, 2023 - City Hall Sarge Littlehale Room (22 Orinda Way)
- September 13, 2023 - City Hall Sarge Littlehale Room (22 Orinda Way)
- December 13, 2023 - City Hall Sarge Littlehale Room (22 Orinda Way)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
City Council declares that the preservation, protection, perpetuation, enhancement and use of sites, buildings, structures, trees, works of art and other objects having a special historical or architectural value is a public necessity and is desired and required in the interest and general welfare of the people of Orinda. (Ordinance 87-1).
About the Historic Landmark Committee (HLC)
The Historic Landmark Committee (HLC) consists of five (5) members appointed by City Council that serve as an advisory body to:
- Establish a list of proposed historic landmarks for recommendation to the Planning Commission under prior code section 7-4014(1) of the historic landmark ordinance.
- Disseminate information to the public concerning preservation and enhancement of historic landmarks.
- Encourage and advise property owners of proposed or designated historic landmarks about the preservation and enhancement of the landmark.
- Recommend to the Planning Commission and City Council, policies and regulations necessary to administer and enforce the historic landmark ordinance.
- Advise the City Council on historic preservation matters.