- Police Department
A Message From the Chief
I am honored to be serving this great community as the Chief of Police. The Orinda Police Department is dedicated to keeping Orinda safe. We are committed to providing the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to the community in which we serve. The Police Department works to utilize technology to provide better service and communication in a timely manner. The Orinda Police Department has established an email address that will allow anyone to provide crime tips and suspicious activity at Orindatip@cityoforinda.org.
Other recent technology introductions include the use of:
- Community Crime Map
- Nixle - Text your zip code to 888777 for local mobile alerts or use this link https://local.nixle.com/signup/widget/i/18418
- Contra Costa Community Warning System alerts at https://cwsalerts.com/
- Earthquake Warning California https://earthquake.ca.gov/
Contracted ServicesThe City of Orinda police services are provided through a contract with the Contra Costa Office of the Sheriff. The City of Orinda police department shares the mission and vision statements of the Office of the Sheriff.
MissionThe Office of the Sheriff works in partnership with our diverse community to safeguard the lives, rights and property of the people we serve. With unwavering dedication we provide innovative professional law enforcement services to our community. We accomplish this mission by maintaining our core values while always conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standard.
Police ServicesThe Orinda Police Department offers several services to the community that have been very useful over the past years.
Vacation House ChecksWe offer vacation house checks for the residents of Orinda. In the event you are away from your home for an extended period of time, longer than 7 days, you can fill out a Vacation House Check form to let us know how long you will be away. We will ask several questions, such as:
- If you have lights on or off or possibly on a timer.
- How many vehicles will be parked outside and a description of each vehicle.
- If you have an alarm system and the name of the company.
- If you have any dogs at the residence.