- City Manager
Appointed by the City Council, the City Manager has responsibility for supervising government operations and implementing the policies adopted by the City Council. The City Manager oversees the City budget, personnel matters, and serves as the Council's chief policy advisor.
The Office of the City Manager houses various functions essential to the operation of city government. These areas include:
- Human Resource Administration
- Information and Telecommunication Systems
- Payroll and Accounting
- Risk Management Public Information
Catalog of Enterprise Systems
(Pursuant to SB 272 and CA Government Code 6270.5)
An enterprise system is a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
Not IncludedAn "enterprise system" does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cyber security systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
SB 272SB 272 Requires that the City:
1. Create a catalog of enterprise systems containing:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- System's purpose
- A description of categories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated
3. To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency's website.