Other Community Services and Resources
East Bay Municipal Utility District: EBMUD wants to assure the Orinda community that the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has not affected EBMUD’s drinking water supply, and all EBMUD tap water remains safe. Remember: hand washing is an important part of the strategy to combat this pandemic. EBMUD water treatment plants are designed to eliminate pathogens including viruses and bacteria. For more information about coronavirus and drinking water, see USEPA’s latest information at https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-drinking-water-and-wastewater.
For more information please visit: https://www.ebmud.com/water/about-your-water/water-quality/coronavirus/
Orinda Library: Library operations and the 800 number will cease until further notice. The Library will be unable to respond to emails, phone calls or other communications regarding services until the order is lifted. Please check the homepage of the Library website, https://ccclib.org/, for any changes to services. All library programs and events as well as community use of meeting rooms are canceled until further notice.
Book drops will remain open, but as materials can carry viruses for several days, patrons are encouraged to keep items until the libraries reopen. The Library will automatically extend due dates on all materials. All overdue fines were eliminated in 2019 and no other negative consequences will result from late items during this closure.
Updated 3/25/20: Contra Costa Library Services is relaunching the live-librarian chat reference service. This service, which began March 24, will allow Library Staff to provide people with reference services, assistance with library electronic resources, and answer account questions, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. via an online customer service "chat". Visit https://ccclib.org/ for more information.
Orinda Union School District: the district continues to monitor information from the State of California. For the most up-to-date information from the school district visit orindaschools.org/covid19.
LINKS-- FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL UPDATES
- Contra Costa Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates: https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/#Local
- CDC Website - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Sign Up for CDC Email Updates: https://tools.cdc.gov/campaignproxyservice/subscriptions.aspx?topic_id=USCDC_2067
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- California Department of Health Guidance on Mass Gatherings: https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/03/11/california-public-health-experts-mass-gatherings-should-be-postponed-or-canceled-statewide-to-slow-the-spread-of-covid-19/
LINKS--CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
- What You Need to Know: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
- What to Do If You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
- Stop the Spread of Germs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/infographic-cdc-protects-508.pdf